OTHER WAYS TO HELP ~ MAKE HAWS YOUR "PET CAUSE"
Are you looking for an idea for a service project? Or, are you just trying to find out what you can do to help animals? With our limited resources - both in personnel and finances - it means a great deal when members of our community take on a project or fundraiser on our behalf!
Download the official HAWS Fundraiser Planning Worksheet here!
There are many things you can do to help us help animals of our area. Some things you can do on your own, while others require the effort of a group, troop, organization, school or neighborhood.
Need some ideas? Here are just a few possibilities:
Contact HAWS at 262-542-8851 and we'll get you started on the right track.
- Organize a Fundraiser: Groups have done everything from penny drives to bake sales to car washes to lemonade stands - there are limitless ideas! Download the HAWS Fundraiser Planning Worksheet or stop by for a tour of the shelter so you know all about us before you start. Contact our Education Department and they will provide you with information to distribute to interested donors. Don't be afraid to champion your own event! We'll be happy to post your results on this website and in our newsletter.
- Be an event Sponsor: We have several opportunities throughout the year for sponsorships as an individual, group or business. Special events, such as the Walkathon or fall fundraising gala, as well as programs like the Kids 'N Critters day camp need financial support and allow you to advertise at the same time. Contact our Development Office for additional information and details.
- Get a Speaker: Whether it's for a group or class, a member of our Education Department will be happy to come to talk about what we do, responsible pet-ownership, or a variety of other topics.
- Be a Responsible Pet Owner: Lead by example! Have a collar and tag on your animals, keep them on a leash or in your yard, and make sure they get the exercise and vet care they need. Report animal abuse to the Waukesha County Humane Officers.
- Collect Supplies: Check out our Wish List of needed items and collect items we need. Needs change with the temperatures - check back for seasonal supply needs.
- Educate Yourself and Others: See if any of your school projects can be about animal shelters, pet overpopulation, animal cruelty and neglect, or animal welfare. We can even help with information and handouts! Be sure to send us a copy - we love to see what kids who care about animals are doing...and we can even post your project right here on our website!
Kids Who Make a Difference!
Kids are giving back
to their community in a big way. Send us pictures of your fundraising efforts
for HAWS, and we'll
post them! Show or tell us how you're helping the HAWS cause and help us encourage more kids
to join the ranks of the HAWS' Caring Kids!
Click here to read about the amazing kids who make a real difference to HAWS and their communities.
Email us at:
or snail mail us at:
HAWS Caring Kids
P.O. Box 834
©2012 Humane Animal Welfare Society (HAWS) | 701 Northview Road | Waukesha, WI | 53188 | 262-542-8851
Member, Wisconsin Federated Humane Societies, Inc. | Winner of the 2010 Waukesha County Executive Awards: Large Non-Profit of the Year.
HAWS is an animal shelter that offers pet adoption, dog training, kids camps, spay and neuter programs, and humane pet education. Waukesha Wisconsin’s Humane Animal Welfare Society is the Inaugural Winner of the "Chamber's Choice Award" presented in 2008 by the Waukesha County Chamber of Commerce and the Small Business Times. HAWS is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization. | License #267280-DS