HAWS' WISH LIST
Our Wish List contains things we use on a daily basis to keep our shelter running smoothly. The Featured Needs below will change when we have an urgent need, and items will be removed when we have an adequate supply.
Please check this list often for updates!
To download the all-shelter Wish List, please click here.
Featured Needs: Updated 6/15/2015
Puppy Pads Gallon Size Zipper Baggies Liquid hand soap
State/County Park Annual Admission Stickers
Large/MediumRawhides - Made in the USA and plastic/rubber chew toys/squeaky toys
©2012 Humane Animal Welfare Society (HAWS) | 701 Northview Road | Waukesha, WI | 53188 | 262-542-8851
Member, Wisconsin Federated Humane Societies, Inc. | Winner of the 2010 Waukesha County Executive Awards: Large Non-Profit of the Year.
HAWS is an animal shelter that offers pet adoption, dog training, kids camps, spay and neuter programs, and humane pet education. Waukesha Wisconsin’s Humane Animal Welfare Society is the Inaugural Winner of the "Chamber's Choice Award" presented in 2008 by the Waukesha County Chamber of Commerce and the Small Business Times. HAWS is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization. | License #267280-DS
• Special food items:
Baby food meet varieties
• Branded dog treats:
Treatstik, Pupperoni/soft treats,
Zukes dog treats
• Canned dog food – any brand
• Large rawhide bones and chews
• Scat Mat
• Metal leashes
• Limited slip/martingale collars
• Kong Dog toys - Medium, Large, XL
• Cream rinse conditioner
(not leave-in spray)
• Kitten feeding bottles
• Heating pads
(without auto shut off)
• Dry kitten food
• Kitten formula:
KMR, other powdered varieties
• Cat litter: clay, unscented preferred
• Cat toys: glitter balls and plush balls
• "Feliway" refills
• Catnip: dried, fresh or purchased
• Lysol spray, Original formula
• Painter's tape
• Wet Ones/baby wipes
• Hot dogs: All beef or turkey
• String cheese
• Baby food meat varieties:
• Happy Howie meat rolls
(available at End of the Leash)
• Large (3’ x 4’) whiteboards/markers
Also, please see Salmon Treats recipe below:
Bake a batch for our Mod Squad pups!
Small Animal Ward
• Small rugs
• Grass hay: timothy/orchard/meadow
• Paper-based bedding/litter:
Carefresh or similar
• Aspen bedding or kiln-dried pine:
No regular pine or cedar bedding, please!
• Yesterday’s News, wood stove pellets
(used as litter)
• Oxbow brand foods:
Bunny Basics T, Regal Rat, Cavy Cuisine, etc.
• Rat/Mouse solid block food
• Wood House Timber Hideaway or
Woodland Getaways (Med. & Lrg.)
• Fresh green leafy veggies:
Parsley/cilantro/lettuce (no iceberg please)
• Clorox Wipes
• Pupperoni dog treats/other soft treats
• Canned tuna, salmon, or mackerel
• Paper towels (rolls)
• Plastic forks
• Hand Sanitizer
• Dinner-sized paper plates (8” or larger)
• Felt or fleece fabric scraps
(for making pet toys)
• Colored construction paper
General Supplies – Cleaning/Kennel/Office
• Liquid hand soap
• Liquid laundry detergent and bleach
• Paper products:
toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex
• Fabric softener sheets
• 6" white paper plates
• Clorox wipes
• Liquid dish soap
• White AND colored copy paper
• Stamps – Forever stamps preferred
• Highlighters, any color
Do you have a school class or group that would like to do a supply drive?
Or maybe you have particular items you can secure for us? Feel free to call us at 262-542-8851 if you have any questions about our needs. We will be happy to give more detailed information - and discuss how we can work together for the animals. We'll even post pictures of your group in action on our Facebook page, here on our website and in our quarterly Tattle Tails newsletter.
We realize that many of the things we desperately need are not always the "fun" things, but they are truly important items! Things like soap and bleach are always needed to keep the animals healthy, and adoptions can't happen without paper for the adoption records and certificates.
LOVIN' FROM THE OVEN
Interested in a baking project for HAWS? Download this recipe for Salmon Treats - our canine residents will love them!
"MADE IN CHINA"?
In light of the many recent pet food/treat recalls, we respectfully request donations to HAWS do not contain "imported" ingredients or be made in China. Thank you for understanding as we try to keep our shelter animals safe!